The nearest train stations are:
- Llanbister Road, Dolau, Pen-y-Bont and Llandrindod Wells (Heart of Wales line, links to Shrewsbury and Swansea).
- Newtown (Cambrian line, links to Shrewsbury and Birmingham New Street).
The Life House is centrally located in mid Wales, around ten miles north of Llandrindod Wells. It is within an hour and a quarter drive of the Brecon Beacons and Snowdonia National Parks. Ludlow and Hay on Wye are under an hour away. The house is within easy reach of Liverpool, Birmingham, Bristol and Cardiff.
The Life House is surrounded by hills and moor land, with a number of public paths and bridleways close by to allow you to experience this wild and beautiful landscape.
Whilst we hope you enjoy your retreat at Life House, if you are feeling active there are a number of outdoor activities on offer locally, including:
- Walking - Offa's Dyke Path, Glyndwr's Way and Elan Valley
- Cycling - bikes can be hired from Cycling Breaks Wales and Clive Powell bikes
- Horse riding - Underhill Riding Stables and Heart of Wales Riding School
- Fishing - Spring Rock Fishery and Wye and Usk Foundation
- Golf - Llandrindod Wells Golf Club and Builth Wells Golf Club
Nearby shops include Llanbadarn Fynydd Community Shop, and the town of Llandrindod Wells (where a range of food shops, supermarkets and restaurants can be found). Other local villages and towns are Newtown, Rhayader and Knighton.
Local places to eat include:
- The Lion Hotel, Llanbister, Llandrindod Wells (pub)
- New Inn in Llanbadarn Fynydd (pub)
- Happy Union, Abbeycwmhir (pub)
- The Checkers, Montgomery (restaurant)
Other local attractions include: