A space for calm and reflection.
Now bookable for short breaks, see available for dates in 2017 here.
The design and location of the house is based upon the concept of a retreat - where serenity, contemplation and restoration are foremost; a space that will immerse the visitor in a zone of extreme calm, leaving them re-invigorated to resume their responsibilities in the world. For that reason, The Life House is available for stays of one week (7 nights) only.
The Life House accommodates up to 6 people. It has three double bedrooms (one of which can be made up as twins). The bedrooms all have an ensuite bathroom with WC, with either a shower or a bath:
- Bedroom 1. Bathing bedroom - provides a room-based bathing platform in which to lie and reassess existence with the help of views onto a Welsh valley.
- Bedroom 2. Reading bedroom - contains a library of books, including some of the most therapeutic works of eastern and western literature
- Bedroom 3. Music bedroom - equipped with a suitably generous music system, and a carefully curated selection of transcendent and calming music from all ages and genres.
The following are provided for your holiday:
- Miele kitchen appliances - oven, combination microwave oven, induction hob, dishwasher, fridge, fridge freezer.
- John Pawson designed cookware saucepans (suitable for the induction hob), crockery and cutlery.
- David Mellor kitchen equipment - including DM kitchen knives, chopping boards, sieves and colanders, graters, whisks, tongs, cooking utensils, food blender, scales, mixing bowls, a rolling pin and pastry brush, glassware (tumblers, wine glasses, champagne flutes), a tea pot, cafetiere and mugs.
- Miele washing machine and condenser dryer (plus an iron, ironing board and airer, but please bring detergent).
- REN skincare individual shampoo, bath & shower gel and hand soap.
- Peter Reed high quality Egyptian cotton bed linen.
- Luxurious hand towels and bath towels.
- Luxury hypo-allergenic pillows and duvets (to ensure that everyone, including those with allergies, have a comfortable stay; but please note we do not have the storage space to also provide feather duvets and pillows).
- A few food items to get you started in the kitchen, some: tea bags, coffee, semi-skimmed milk, bread, salted butter and olive oil.
- Some basic household items, some: bin bags, washing up liquid, kitchen roll, hand-wash, dishwasher tablets, foil and loo paper.
- Television and DVD player (so do bring DVDs to play).
- Wi Fi internet connection (which you can access if you bring a laptop, but please note that, due to its location and for reasons beyond our control, internet access can be intermittent).
- Arrival/ Departure: you will be sent detailed arrival information before your stay. Arrival is after 4pm and departure by 10 am.
- Underfloor heating throughout the house; plus starter fuel log (if you wish to use the fire in the living room).
What's not provided:
- Beach towels.
- Landline telephone.
- High chair and travel cot.
- Additional logs for the fire (but these can be bought locally if desired).
- We are sorry but (due to their locations) we do not accept dogs at The Life House, The Long House or The Balancing Barn.
- However, one well-behaved dog (who respects and loves modern architecture) is welcome at The Dune House and The Shingle House, both situated on beaches, for an additional charge of £20 per booking.